Browse by Author
Hale, Charles R. (Charles Reuben), 1837-1900.
- Give an account of thy stewartship. A sermon preached in St. Timothy's Church, New York, the third Sunday in Advent, 1873. (1874)
Hall, A. Oakey (Abraham Oakey), 1826-1898.
- Horace Greeley decently dissected, in a letter on Horace Greeley, addressed by A. Oakey Hall to Joseph Hoxie, esq., republished (with an alphabet of notes) by popular request ... (1862)
Hall, Nathan Kelsey, 1810-1874.
- The postal service of the United States in connection with the local history of Buffalo. Read before the society, January 6, 1865. By Hon. N. K. Hall and Thomas Blossom. (1896)
Halliday, Samuel D.(Samuel Dumont), 1847-1907
Hammond, Samuel H
Hanotaux, Gabriel, 1853-1944.
Harlow, Samuel R.
- Life sketches of the state officers, senators, and members of the Assembly of the State of New York, in 1867 (1867)
- Life sketches of the state officers, senators, and members of the Assembly of the State of New York, in 1868 (1868)
Harris, George Henry, 1843-1893.
Harris, William Richard, 1847-1923.
- A forgotten people: the flint workers. Paper read before the society, March 23, 1896. By the Very Rev. William R. Harris ... (1896)
Headley, Joel Tyler, 1813-1897
Heckewelder, John Gottlieb ERnestus, 1743-1823
Hill, Henry Wayland, 1853-1929.
- Development of constitutional law in New York state and the Constitutional convention of 1894. Read before the society, April 13, 1896. By Hon. Henry Wayland Hill ... (1896)
- An historical review of waterways and canal construction in New York state, by Henry Wayland Hill (1908)
Hine, C. G. (Charles Gilbert), 1859-1931.
- The New York and Albany post road, from Kings Bridge to "the ferry at Crawlier, over against Albany," being an account of a jaunt on foot made at sundry convenient times between May and November, nineteen hundred and five, by C. G. Hine ... (1906)
Hodge, William, 1804-1887.
Holland Society of New York.
Hollister, Frank Merrick, 1843-1916.
Homan, L Beecher
- Yaphank as it is, and was, and will be. Containing biographical sketches of all its prominent men, the characteristic proclivities of its "funny" people, its business and business "monarchs," its facilities for enterprise and improvement, and an impartial description of the advantages and disadvantages enjoyed and suffered by its citizens. The Suffolk County alms-house as it is. This work contans the most authentic and pleasing history of this "model" institution before the public (1875)
Hoskinson, Mrs. James (Dickson)
- Exploits of John Dickson, a participant in the affair of the Adams and Caledonia. Written from his own journal. By his daughter. (1905)
Howard, George A.
Howell, George Rogers, 1833-1899
- Modern solution of old problems. Address delivered before the Livingston County Hictorial [sic] Society at its nineteenth annual meeting held in Dansville, N. Y., January 15th, 1895. (1895)
- A partial genealogy of the descendants of Samuel Parsons, of East Hampton, L. I., 1650. Constructed mainly from town and church records, by George R. Howell (1879)
- Settlement of Southold. (1894)
- When Southampton and Southold, on Long Island, were settled (1882)
Howland, Henry Raymond, b.1844
- British privateer in the American revolution. (1903)
- Henry A. Richmond; a tribute by Henry R. Howland. (1915)
- Navy Island and the first successors to the Griffon (1903)
- Niagara portage and its first attempted settlement under British rule. (1903)
- Old Caneadea council house and its last council fire. (1903)
- Robert Hamilton, the founder of Queenston. (1903)
- Seneca mission at Buffalo Creek (1903)
Hubbard, Robert J.
- The mystery of the Muller mansion. Delivered before the Oneida Historical Society, October 10, 1893, (1893)
Hubbell, John, 1819-1880.
- The National Free soil comvention of '48. Held in Buffalo. Paper read before the society, January 7, 1878. By John Hubbell. (1896)
Hudson-Fulton celebration commission, New York.
- Hudson-Fulton celebration. A collection of the catalogues issued by the museums and institutions in New York city and vicinity. Shown under the auspices of the Hudson-Fulton celebration commission, describing the special collections of plants, animals, archaeological objects, furniture, maps, silver, letters, paintings and objects of artistic and historical interest in connection with the Hudson and Fulton periods. George Frederick Kunz,chairman scientific and historical museum exhibits. Hudson-Fulton celebration commission ... (1910)
- Official minutes of the Hudson-Fulton celebration commission ... together with the minutes of its predecessor, the Hudson tercentenary joint committee ... by Henry W. Sackett, secretary and Edward Hagaman Hall, assistant secretary (Volume 1) (1905-11)
- Official minutes of the Hudson-Fulton celebration commission ... together with the minutes of its predecessor, the Hudson tercentenary joint committee ... by Henry W. Sackett, secretary and Edward Hagaman Hall, assistant secretary (Volume 2) (1905-11)
Hueffer, Oliver Madox, 1877-1931
- A vagabond in New York. (1913)
Huntington, N. Y. First church.
- Records of the First church in Huntington, Long Island, 1723-1799. Being the record kept by the Rev. Ebenezer Prine, the pastor during those years. Containing lists of members of the church, and of baptisms and of marriages, a confession of faith, accounts of trials of members, and various other matters pertaining to the affairs of the church, with full index of names (1898)