Browse by Author
- A brief review of the proceedings of the annual conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church, her discipline, and administration of government: embracing a historical sketch of the difficulties existing between Washington Street Church, Brooklyn, and some of the higher powers of this connection. (1839)
M'Knight, John, 1754-1823.
- The divine goodness to the United States of America, particularly in the course of the last year. A Thanksgiving sermon, preached in New-York, February 19, 1795. By John M'Knight ... (1795)
- The natural, statistical and civil history of the state of New York (Volume 1) (1829)
- The natural, statistical and civil history of the state of New York (Volume 2) (1829)
- The natural, statistical and civil history of the state of New York (Volume 3) (1829)
- Harper's New York and Erie rail-road guide book ... with one hundred and thirty-six engravings, by Lossing and Barritt. From original sketches made expressly for this work. (1855-6)
Marsh, Luther R. (Luther Rawson), 1813-1902
- Address on the alphabet -- the vehicle of history, before the N. Y. Historical Society, at its 81st anniversary, November 17, 1885, by Luther R. Marsh (1885)
Marshall, Orsamus Holmes, 1813-1884.
- The building and voyage of the Griffon in 1679. By O. H. Marshall. Read before the society, February 3, 1863; and revised by the author, August, 1879. (1879)
Mason, John M. (John Mitchell), 1770-1829.
- The evangelical ministry exemplified in the apostle Paul: a sermon preached in Murray-Street Church, December 2, 1821, on the occasion of resigning his charge of his congregation. With an appendix. (1822)
- Dr. Mason's speech, relative to the resignation of his pastoral charge, in the city of New York. (1810)
Mather, Joseph H.
- A geographical history of the state of New York: embracing its history, government, physical features, climate, geology, mineralogy, botany, zoology, education, internal improvements, and c.; with separate map of each county. The whole forming a complete history of the state (1848)
Mathews, J. M. (James McFarlane), 1785-1870
- Recollections of persons and events, chiefly in the city of New York; being selections from his journal (1865)
Mathews, Sylvester J.
Mayo, A. D. ( Amory Dwight), 1823-1907
McCabe, James Dabney, 1842-1833.
- The secrets of the great city; a work descriptive of the virtues and the vices, the mysteries, miseries and crimes of New York City. By Edward Winslow Martin [pseud.] (1868)
McElroy, William Henry, 1838-
- Life sketches of executive officers and members of the Legislature of the state of New York for 1873 (1873)
- Life sketches of government officers and members of the Legislature of the state of New York for 1874. By W. H. McElroy and Alex. McBride (1874)
- Life sketches of government officers and members of the Legislature of the state of New York for 1875. By W. H. McElroy and Alex. McBride. (1875)
Megapolensis, Johannes, 1603-1669.
- A short sketch of the Mohawk Indians in New Netherland, their land, stature, dress, manners, and magistrates, written in the year 1644, by Johannes Megapolensis, junior, minister there. Rev. from the translation in Hazard's Historical collections, with an introduction and notes, by John Romeyn Brodhead (1857)
Melyn, Cornelis, b. 1600.
- Melyn papers, 1640-1699. (1913)
Merrill, Mrs. Georgia Drew, ed.
- Allegany County and its people. A centennial memorial history of Allegany County, N. Y. Also histories of the towns of the County (1896)
Middletown, N. Y. Business men's association.
Miller, John, 1666-1724.
- A description of the province and city of New York; with plans of the city and several forts as they existed in the year 1695 (1843)
Miller, Stephen B.
- Historical sketches of Hudson; embracing the settlement of the city, city government, business enterprises, churches, press, schools, libraries, etc. (1862)
Milliken, Charles F., b. 1854.
- History of Ontario county, New York, and its people (Volume 1) (1911)
- A history of Ontario county, New York, and its people (Volume 2) (1911)
Milnor, James, 1773-1845.
- Address delivered before the superintendents, teachers, and pupils, of the Sunday schools attached to St. George's Church, in the city of New-York ... on Sunday, November 9, 1817 (1817)
Minisink Valley historical society, Port Jervis, N.Y.
- Addresses delivered and papers read before the Minisink Valley historical society, at their annual and semi-annual meetings, February 22nd, and July 22nd, 1896 (1897)
- "Quiet resting places;" with some remarks upon the Westfield disaster: a special discourse, preached ... on Sabbath morning, 6th August, 1871, and now published by request of his congregation (1871)
Moore, Charles Benjamin, d. 1893.
Moore, Jacob Bailey, 1797-1853
Moot, Adelbert, b. 1854.
Morris, Gouverneur, 1752-1816
- An inaugural discourse, delivered before the New York Historical Society, 4th September, 1816; the 206th anniversary of the discovery of New-York, by Hudson (1816)
Mott, Hopper Striker, 1854-1924
- The New York of yesterday; a descriptive narrative of old Bloomingdale, its topographical features, its early families and their genealogies, its old homesteads and country-seats, its French invasion, and its war experiences reconsidered in their relation to its first religious society, the Bloomingdale Reformed Church, organized in 1805. Incorporated 1806 as the church of Harsenville, by Hopper Striker Mott. With 78 illustrations, diagrams, and maps. (1908)
Mulford, Uri, 1852-
Murphy, Wm. D. (William D.), 1832-1908
- Biographical sketches of the state officers and members of the Legislature of the state of New York, in 1858. (1858)
- Biographical sketches of the state officers and Members of the Legislature of the State of New York in 1859 (1859)
- Biographical sketches of the state officers and members of the Legislature of the state of New York, in 1861 (1861)
- Biographical sketches of the state officers and Members of the Legislature of the State of New York in 1862 and 1863 (1863)