Browse by Author
Wagenaar, Jan, 1709-1773.
- Extract from Wagenaar's "Beschryving van Amsterdam", relating to the colony of New Amstel, on the Deleware. Tr. from the Dutch, by John Romeyn Brodhead. (1857)
Walker, Augustus, d. 1865.
- Early days on the Lakes, with an account of the cholera visitation of 1832. From manuscript records of Captain Augustus Walker. (1896)
Wallace, Edwin R.
- Descriptive guide to the Adirondacks, (land of the thousand lakes) and to Saratoga Springs; Schroon Lake; Lakes Luzerne, George, and Champlain; the Ausable Chasm; the Thousand Islands; Massena Springs; and Trenton Falls (1894)
Waller, Henry D.
Warren, Ulysses Grant, 1872-
Watson, John Fanning, 1779-1860
- Historic tales of olden time; concerning the early settlement and advancement of New York City and State. For the use of families and schools. (1832)
Webster, Daniel, 1782-1852
Weise, Arthur James, 1838-1910 or 11
- The history of the city of Albany, New York from the discovery of the great river in 1524, by Verrazzano, to the present (1881)
- History of the seventeen towns of Rensselaer County, from the colonization of the Manor of Rensselaerwyck to the present time (1880)
Welch, Edgar Luderne, b.1855
Welch, Thomas V.
- How Niagara was made free. The passage of the Niagara reservation act in 1885. By the Hon. Thomas V. Welch ... (1896)
Westchester County Research Bureau, White Plains, N. Y.
Westminster Park Association of the Thousand Islands
Whitaker, Epher, 1820-1916.
Whittlesey, Elisha Dana, 1792-1823.
- Remarks upon the British expedition to Danbury, Connecticut, in 1777, as narrated in chap. II vol. III. of Marshall's Life of Washington. (1848)
Wilgus, Nathaniel, d. 1873.
Wilkeson, Samuel, 1781-1848.
- Historical writings of Judge Samuel Wilkeson. Prefaced with a biographical sketch by his son, the late Samuel Wilkeson, jr. (1896)
Williams, Samuel Porter, 1779-1826.
- Sermon preached at the opening of the Synod of Albany, in Watertown, Jefferson County, New York, Oct. 4, 1826. (1826)
Willis, Nathaniel Parker, 1806-1867, ed.
- Trenton Falls, picturesque and descriptive; ed. by N. Parker Willis; embracing the original essay of John Sherman, the first proprietor and resident. The principal illustrations from original designs by Heine, Kummer and Müller. Engraved on wood by N. Orr (1851)
Williston, Seth, 1770-1851.
- A sermon on revivals of religion: containing a caution to the church, in the nineteenth century, to beware of the devices of Satan in corrupting them (1827)
- Thirty years of early history of Cold Spring and vicinity: with incidents. By one who has been a resident since 1819. (1886)
Woodbridge, John, 1784-1869.
- A sermon, preached in the Bowery Presbyterian Church, New York, December 10, 1835, on the day of the public thanksgiving, appointed by the governor of the state (1835)