Polk-Dallas Campaign Items, ca. 1844
- Polk-Dallas Campaign Items, ca. 1844
- Political Americana
- Lovett, Robert, Sr. (1796-1874)
- Political Figure:
- Polk, James K., American (1795-1849), Presidential Candidate
Dallas, George M., American (1792-1864), Vice-Presidential Candidate
- ca. 1844
- Election Date:
- ID Number:
- Collection Number:
- File Name:
- Political Party:
- Work Type:
- costume by form
metalwork (visual works)
clippings (information artifacts)
ephemera (general object genre)
- Striking (metalworking)
Plating (metal coating)
- Pendants (Jewelry)
Polk, James K.
Dallas, George M.
Plows (agricultural equipment)
- 16.8275 x 21.9075 (Mount) (centimeters)
- Assemblage contains three plated Polk-Dallas pendant medals (one each manufactured by Leonard
R. Lovett of New York
and Wagner) and a 20th century halftone reproduction of an 1844 political cartoon. The Lovett medal refers to Polk as Young Hickory and contains the slogan Enlarge the Boundaries of Freedom. The ribbon in the mount has been cataloged separately as item 2214.RB0223.
- Cite As:
- Susan H. Douglas Political Americana Collection, #2214. Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library.
- Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library
- Archival Collection:
- Susan H. Douglas Political Americana Collection
- This digital collection and its contents are owned and operated by the Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library. Digital reproductions are provided for private study, scholarship and research use only and may not be downloaded for use in electronic or print publications (including web sites), exhibitions, or broadcasts, without permission. There are no known U.S. copyright restrictions on this image. The digital file is owned by the Cornell University Library which is making it freely available with the request that, when possible, the Library be credited as its source.