Breckinridge-Lane Campaign Items, ca. 1860
- Breckinridge-Lane Campaign Items, ca. 1860
- Political Americana
- Abbott & Co.
- Political Figure:
- Breckinridge, John C., American (1821-1875), Presidential Candidate
Lane, Joseph, American (1801-1881), Vice-Presidential Candidate
- ca. 1860
- Election Date:
- ID Number:
- Collection Number:
- File Name:
- Political Party:
- National Democratic
- Work Type:
- costume by form
metalwork (visual works)
- Copper alloy
- Pendants (Jewelry)
Breckinridge, John C.
White House, Washington, District of Columbia
- 13.335 x 15.875 (Mount) (centimeters)
- Mount contains four ferrotype portrait pendants of varied shapes, one round die-struck portrait pendant, and three copper alloy portrait medals. Rectangular ferrotype portrait in copper alloy frame manufactured by Abbott & Co. of New York, New York
large circular pendant bears the possible maker's mark TRUE on both faces, probably in reference to Benjamin True of Cincinnati, Ohio. John C. Breckinridge frequently is identified as being from Kentucky.
- Cite As:
- Susan H. Douglas Political Americana Collection, #2214. Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library.
- Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library
- Archival Collection:
- Susan H. Douglas Political Americana Collection
- This digital collection and its contents are owned and operated by the Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library. Digital reproductions are provided for private study, scholarship and research use only and may not be downloaded for use in electronic or print publications (including web sites), exhibitions, or broadcasts, without permission. There are no known U.S. copyright restrictions on this image. The digital file is owned by the Cornell University Library which is making it freely available with the request that, when possible, the Library be credited as its source.