Dewey-Warren Campaign Items, ca. 1948
- Dewey-Warren Campaign Items, ca. 1948
- Political Americana
- Universal Match Corp.
Allied Printing Trades Council
Intnl. Photo Engravers' Union of North America (1900-1964)
- Political Figure:
- Dewey, Thomas E., American (1902-1971), Presidential Candidate
Warren, Earl, American (1891-1974), Vice-Presidential Candidate
- ca. 1948
- Election Date:
- ID Number:
- Collection Number:
- File Name:
- Political Party:
- Work Type:
- metalwork (visual works)
costume by form
ephemera (general object genre)
- Pins (jewelry)
Dewey, Thomas E.
Madison Square Garden, New York, New York
Capitol, Washington, District of Columbia
- 16.8275 x 21.9075 (Mount) (centimeters)
- Assemblage contains two Dewey portrait matchbooks
three plastic Republican elephant pins
one keychain with attached Republican elephant and rabbit's foot pendant
and one admission ticket to an October 30, 1948, Dewey-Warren rally held at Madison Square Garden, New York, New York. Admission ticket contains Allied Printing Trades Council, 158, New York union label
matchbooks were made by the Universal Match Corp. of New York and contain International Photo Engravers' Union of North America union labels. Donor Susan H. Douglas associates all of these items with the 1948 Presidential campaign. 1948 Truman campaign item assemblage 2214.TK0111 contains a similar Democratic Donkey-rabbit's foot keychain.
- Cite As:
- Susan H. Douglas Political Americana Collection, #2214. Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library.
- ChildMatchbooks from Trinket Box 2214.TK0113
- Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library
- Archival Collection:
- Susan H. Douglas Political Americana Collection
- This digital collection and its contents are owned and operated by the Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library. Digital reproductions are provided for private study, scholarship and research use only and may not be downloaded for use in electronic or print publications (including web sites), exhibitions, or broadcasts, without permission. There are no known U.S. copyright restrictions on this image. The digital file is owned by the Cornell University Library which is making it freely available with the request that, when possible, the Library be credited as its source.