Part of map of Mimure in the Kandy District
- Part of map of Mimure in the Kandy District
- Depicting the Sri Lankan Vernacular
- Survey Department, Government of Sri Lanka (Ceylon)
- Mimure, Kandy District, Central Province, Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka
- ID Number:
- File Name:
- Work Type:
- Inset 4-6 to TOPO P.P. 14 in Mimure V. H's Division in Gandeke Korale of Uda Dumbara, D.R.O's Division Kandy District C.P. Scale of 12 Chains to One Inch. Surveyed by Mr. K.W.M.Y. Mapitigama in July - November 1958. Notes from A Gazetteer of the Central Province: "A village in Gandeke korale, Upper Dumbara, 16 miles from Kiripattiya. Kahatagahawela--A hamlet. Mimure, Dandenikumbara, Kayikawela. and Galamudana form an arachchi wasam (headman's division). Streams.--Dimbigale-oya, Udawannimane-ela. Hills.--Endirigalekanda, Suduwalalle-galkanda. Population in 1881, 168 (80 males, 88 females)
in 1891, 157 (83 males, 74 females). In 1878 70 1/2 acres paddy land were registered, of which 60 paid [Rupees] 128.55; 6 acres were sold by the crown." -(Lawrie, 1896:594)
- *Rangama is a fictitious name.
- This item is believed to be in the public domain by virtue of it being an official text of a legislative, administrative or legal nature per Sri Lanka’s Intellectual Property Act, No.36 of 2003, and is presented by Cornell University Library under the Guidelines for Using Text, Images, Audio, and Video from Cornell University Library Collections (http://hdl.handle.net/1813.001/CULCopyright). The item was digitized by Cornell University Library from a collection of negatives, positives, slides, and other media retained by the Estate of Bonnie MacDougal for inclusion in the Depicting the Sri Lankan Vernacular exhibit. For more information about this item, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.