German Settlement in the East, 11th to 19th Century
- Alternate Title:
- Deutsche Ostsiedlung vom 11. - 19. Jahrh. [German Settlement in the East, 1100-1900]
- German Settlement in the East, 11th to 19th Century
- Persuasive Maps: PJ Mode Collection
- Posted Date:
- ID Number:
- Collection Number:
- File Name:
- 1920 - 1939
- Between the Wars
- 13 x 22 (centimeters, height x width)
- This map shows a variety of historical data implicitly supporting German expansion in the East: "German national territory before resettlement of the East," "German Eastern Settlement in the 11th -19th century," German "Kulturboden" (see Notes for Penck, 1925, ID #1216), "Eastern border of commercial traffic in the German-language," and "Western and Southern border of the medieval German Empire." The collection includes a number of maps supporting the same point. See Subjects > Between the Wars.
The date is estimated.
For further information on the Collector’s Notes and a Feedback/Contact Link, see https://persuasivemaps.library.cornell.edu/content/about-collection-personal-statement and https://persuasivemaps.library.cornell.edu/content/feedback-and-contact
- Cite As:
- P.J. Mode collection of persuasive cartography, #8548. Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library.
- Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library
- Archival Collection:
- P.J. Mode collection of persuasive cartography
- For important information about copyright and use, see http://persuasivemaps.library.cornell.edu/copyright.