Anniversary of the Liberation of Strasbourg
- Alternate Title:
- Achevé d'Imprimer le 23 Novembre 1945 Jour Anniversaire de la Libération de Strasbourg par la Division du Général Leclerc.
- Anniversary of the Liberation of Strasbourg
- Persuasive Maps: PJ Mode Collection
- Chabay, Marguerite
- Other Creators:
- Posted Date:
- ID Number:
- Collection Number:
- File Name:
- 1940 - 1959
- World War II
- 30 x 23 page (centimeters, height x width)
- This patriotic image honors the map of France and celebrates the first anniversary of the liberation of Strassbourg by General Leclerc. It is from a "cheerful" children's book "unashamedly wedded to the War." Chadwick-Healey 2014, 53. The preface reminds the "little children of France" that they will never forget "the patriotic flame that . . . sprang from your hearts during the magnificent days of liberation, . . . those days when your dads and your big brothers, . . . sometimes ahead of our valiant soldiers and their proud allies, helped to drive out the invaders!"
The publisher, Editions G.P. (Générale Publicité) produced work for the Ministry of War after the Liberation, and this children's book may have been officially sponsored. Ibid. 55.
For further information on the Collector’s Notes and a Feedback/Contact Link, see https://persuasivemaps.library.cornell.edu/content/about-collection-personal-statement and https://persuasivemaps.library.cornell.edu/content/feedback-and-contact
- Chabay, Marguerite. 1945. Les Volontaires du General Larafale. Paris: Editions G.P.
- Cite As:
- P.J. Mode collection of persuasive cartography, #8548. Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library.
- Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library
- Archival Collection:
- P.J. Mode collection of persuasive cartography
- For important information about copyright and use, see http://persuasivemaps.library.cornell.edu/copyright.