The Niagara Belt Line
- Alternate Title:
- The Niagara Belt Line. Around the Falls and Through the Famous Gorge.
- The Niagara Belt Line
- Persuasive Maps: PJ Mode Collection
- Green, Hiram Harold
- Posted Date:
- ID Number:
- Collection Number:
- File Name:
- 1900 - 1919
- Advertising & Promotion
- 81 x 21 sheet (centimeters, height x width)
- This panoramic bird's-eye view is a promotional map for the Niagara Belt Line, an electric trolley route established in 1895. The route covered a number of the major sites, identified on this view, in both Canada and the United States. The Belt Line closed in 1935, but its right of way serves today as the popular Niagara Gorge hiking trail.
Hiram Harold Green (1865-1930) was an artist active in Ontario and "especially noted for bird's-eye views of Niagara Falls." http://www.askart.com/artist/Hiram_Harold_Green/3490/Hiram_Harold_Green.aspx, accessed December 15, 2015.
For further information on the Collector’s Notes and a Feedback/Contact Link, see https://persuasivemaps.library.cornell.edu/content/about-collection-personal-statement and https://persuasivemaps.library.cornell.edu/content/feedback-and-contact
- Cite As:
- P.J. Mode collection of persuasive cartography, #8548. Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library.
- Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library
- Archival Collection:
- P.J. Mode collection of persuasive cartography
- For important information about copyright and use, see http://persuasivemaps.library.cornell.edu/copyright.