[Line of children (orphans?) with American and Korean flags]
- [Line of children (orphans?) with American and Korean flags]
- Willard D. Straight in Korea
- ca. 1904
- South Korea
- ID Number:
- Collection Number:
- File Name:
- Work Type:
- 6.8 x 11.9 (centimeters)
- Eighteen children standing at attention in the field. They wear mostly white jackets (and possibly pink or mauve tops) called 'chogori' and trousers called 'paji.' Some wear shoes called 'komusin' and the others wear shoes ('chipsin'), made of plant fibers. Two children carry a Korean and American flag respectively. These children - being mostly girls - might be orphans being raised in a Christian mission in or near Seoul.
- Cite As:
- Willard Dickerman Straight papers, #1260. Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library.
- Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library
- Archival Collection:
- Willard Dickerman Straight papers
- The images in this collection are in the public domain and are believed to have no known U.S. copyright or other restrictions. The Library does not charge for permission to use these materials and does not grant or deny permission to publish or otherwise distribute them. However, as a good scholarly practice we recommend that all patrons cite the Library as the source of the reproduction by including the following text: Courtesy of the Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library. For a more detailed explanation please read the Library Guidelines for Using Public Domain Text, Images, Audio, and Video Reproduced from Cornell University Library Collections at http://cdl.library.cornell.edu/guidelines.html.