- Alternate Title:
- Tiruchanur Temple Complex
- Padmavati Temple
- Beyond the Taj: Architectural Traditions and Landscape Experience in South Asia
- MacDougall, Robert D. (Robert Duncan), 1940-1987
- Tirumala (Andhra Pradesh, India)
- ID Number:
- Call Number:
- B-Q5 Tiru 1.1 Padm 2
- File Name:
- Work Type:
- temples by form
Lamps (Lighting Devices)
offerings (object genre)
- Image View Description:
- Vendors selling oil lamps, beads, kum kum and temple offerings
- Located among the Tirumala hills adjacent to town of Tirupati, 5km south of Sri Venkatesvara Temple. Temple to Alamelu Manga, the consort of Venkatesvara. Dates: late 17th C.
- Image and original data maintained by the Cornell University Library. This digital collection is a result of a long-term collaboration between Professor Bonnie G. MacDougall, Department of Architecture and Margaret N. Webster, Director of the George W. & Adelaide Knight Visual Resources Facility in the College of Architecture, Art and Planning.
- MacDougall, R. D.
Rama Roa, M
Temples of Tirumala, Tirupati, and Tiruchanur
Tirupati: Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams, 1982
Fine Arts Library BL1243.76.T567 R35x 1982
- Bonnie G. MacDougall (original photographs)
- The images in the collection are protected by copyright, and the copyright holder is the Estate of their creator/photographer, Robert “Scotty” MacDougall. Images in the collection were created between roughly 1960-1987, and were digitized by Cornell University Library from a variety of negatives, positives, and slides retained by the Estate of the photographer. Cornell is providing access to the materials for research and personal use. The written permission of any copyright and other rights holders is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use that extends beyond what is authorized by fair use and other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.