Venkatesvara Temple: Vendors
- Venkatesvara Temple: Vendors
- Alternate Title:
- Vendors of Temple Offerings at Tirupati Temple
- Beyond the Taj: Architectural Traditions and Landscape Experience in South Asia
- MacDougall, Robert D. (Robert Duncan), 1940-1987
- Tirumala (Andhra Pradesh, India)
- Work Type:
- temple complex
- temples by form
Stands (Mercantile Structures)
fences (site elements)
- Located among the Tirumala hills adjacent to town of Tirupati. Pilgrims purchase offerings before entering queue. Site dates to at least 8th C. Temple complex began development ca. 1184.
- MacDougall, R. D.
- Bonnie G. MacDougall (original photographs)
- The images in the collection are protected by copyright, and the copyright holder is the Estate of their creator/photographer, Robert “Scotty” MacDougall. Images in the collection were created between roughly 1960-1987, and were digitized by Cornell University Library from a variety of negatives, positives, and slides retained by the Estate of the photographer. Cornell is providing access to the materials for research and personal use. The written permission of any copyright and other rights holders is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use that extends beyond what is authorized by fair use and other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.