- Vedic Ritual
- Alternate Title:
- Beyond the Taj: Architectural Traditions and Landscape Experience in South Asia
- MacDougall, Robert D. (Robert Duncan), 1940-1987
- Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh, India)
- Work Type:
- ritual (event)
- The developed Srauta sacrifice utilized three basic fires, designated as the Garhapatya, Ahavaniya and Dakshina fires. The altar for the Ahavaniya fire is square in shape, the "fire of offering.
- MacDougall, R. D.
- Bonnie G. MacDougall (original photographs)
- The images in the collection are protected by copyright, and the copyright holder is the Estate of their creator/photographer, Robert “Scotty” MacDougall. Images in the collection were created between roughly 1960-1987, and were digitized by Cornell University Library from a variety of negatives, positives, and slides retained by the Estate of the photographer. Cornell is providing access to the materials for research and personal use. The written permission of any copyright and other rights holders is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use that extends beyond what is authorized by fair use and other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.