Harold Tanner Portrait
- Harold Tanner Portrait
- Campus Artifacts, Art & Memorabilia
- Polson, Steven
- Espinosa de los Monteros, Pamela
- Acquisition Date:
- Uris Library, Willard Fiske Room, Cornell University
- United States
- ID Number:
- File Name:
- Work Type:
- Cornell University. Board of Trustees
- Image View Type:
- Image View Description:
- Front View
- Harold Tanner, Chairman of Cornell University Board of Trustees (1997-2002), graduate of the Cornell class of 1952. Mr. Tanner has been a member of the University Board of Trustees since 1982. Tanner is an investment banker and president of Tanner & Co., Inc., a private investment banking firm he founded in New York City in 1987. He was formerly a managing director of Salomon Brothers, Inc., where he had responsibility for the Corporate Finance Department. He currently serves as director of TIG, Inc. In addition to his Cornell activities, Mr. Tanner is President of the American Jewish Committee, a Trustee of the Revson Foundation and Classroom, Inc., and a member of the Council on Foreign Relations. He was on the Board of Associates of the Harvard Business School, where he received his MBA, and is a founder of the Volunteer Consulting Group, Inc. ["Alumni Profile:Harold Tanner,"Alumni Affairs and Development, Industrial and Labor Relations School of Cornell University website, accessed August 7, 2012, http://www.ilr.cornell.edu/alumni/profiles/alumni/Harold-Tanner.html].
Steve Polson is a contemporary American portrait artist. Polson studied at the Arts Student League in New York City and received a Fine Arts degree from the Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art (1984) [“Steve Polson Bio.” Steve Polson Website, accessed June 17, 2012, http://www.stevenpolson.com/bio.html]. His notable portrait subjects include Colin Powell and Madeline K. Albright for the U.S. Department of State, New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson (former secretary of energy and U.N. ambassador), the late Ron Brown (former secretary of commerce), Mickey Kantor (former U.S. trade representative), Christine Todd Whitman (former administrator, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency), and winery owners Ernest and Julio Gallo [Lauren Gold, “Rawlings' presidential portrait: Delight, yes -- surprise, no,” Coverage of May 27 Cornell Board of Trustees meeting, Cornell News Service, Cornell University (Ithaca, N.Y), May 28, 2005, http://www.news.cornell.edu/stories/may05/Rawlings.portrait.lg.html
“Steve Polson Bio.” Steve Polson Website, accessed June 17, 2012, http://www.stevenpolson.com/bio.html]. Polson is a recipient of the Elizabeth T. Greenshields Foundation Grant and the Allied Artist of America Gold Medal of Honor. Since 2007 Polson has been an instructor at the Grand Central Academy in New York City.
- "Alumni Profile:Harold Tanner,"Alumni Affairs and Development, Industrial and Labor Relations School of Cornell University website, accessed August 7, 2012, http://www.ilr.cornell.edu/alumni/profiles/alumni/Harold-Tanner.htm
“Steve Polson Bio.” Steve Polson Website, accessed June 17, 2012, http://www.stevenpolson.com/bio.html
Lauren Gold, “Rawlings' presidential portrait: Delight, yes -- surprise, no,” Coverage of May 27 Cornell Board of Trustees meeting, Cornell News Service, Cornell University (Ithaca, N.Y), May 28, 2005, http://www.news.cornell.edu/stories/may05/Rawlings.portrait.lg.html
- Cornell University
- The content in the Campus Artifacts, Art & Memorabilia Collection is protected by copyright, and the copyright holders are Cornell University Library and the Cornell Association of Professors Emeritus. This collection was created by Cornell University Library in 2010, with funding from a Digital Collections in Arts and Sciences Grant to Howard Howland. Cornell is providing access to the materials for research and personal use. The written permission of any copyright and other rights holders is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use that extends beyond what is authorized by fair use and other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Please contact the Cornell Association of Professors Emeritus at email@example.com for more information about this collection, or to request permission to use these images.