1956 Election Gadget
- 1956 Election Gadget
- Political Americana
- Allied Printing Trades Council
- Political Figure:
- Eisenhower, Dwight D., American (1890-1969), Presidential Candidate
Stevenson, Adlai E., American (1900-1965), Presidential Candidate
- ca. 1956
- Election Date:
- ID Number:
- Collection Number:
- File Name:
- Political Party:
- Work Type:
- ephemera (general object genre)
puzzles (recreational artifacts)
- Die cutting
Eisenhower, Dwight D.
Stevenson, Adlai E. (1900-1965)
- 11.43 x 6.985 (Advertising Card) (centimeters)
- Assemblage consists of three 1956 Election Gadgets containing portraits of Eisenhower and Stevenson that can be displayed alternately by manipulating the item's handle. Items are samples with the 1952 Presidential candidates printed on them
updated 1956 items were to be printed after the nominating conventions (an update proved to be unnecessary). Order Direct From Halco Company, New Haven, Conn. is printed on the back of two of the three items. Each item contains price information and Allied Printing Trades Council, 7, New Haven, union labels.
- Cite As:
- Susan H. Douglas Political Americana Collection, #2214. Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library.
- Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library
- Archival Collection:
- Susan H. Douglas Political Americana Collection
- This digital collection and its contents are owned and operated by the Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library. Digital reproductions are provided for private study, scholarship and research use only and may not be downloaded for use in electronic or print publications (including web sites), exhibitions, or broadcasts, without permission. There are no known U.S. copyright restrictions on this image. The digital file is owned by the Cornell University Library which is making it freely available with the request that, when possible, the Library be credited as its source.