Young Men's National Whig Convention Ribbon, 1840
- Young Men's National Whig Convention Ribbon, 1840
- Political Americana
- Notherman & Mettee
- Political Figure:
- Harrison, William Henry, American (1773-1841), Presidential Candidate
- Election Date:
- ID Number:
- Collection Number:
- File Name:
- Political Party:
- Work Type:
- textiles (visual works)
costume by form
Harrison, William Henry
Whig Party (U.S.)
- 17.78 x 7.62 (Ribbon) (centimeters)
- Ribbon issued in association with the Whig Party Young Men's National Convention held in Baltimore, Maryland on May 4, 1840. Item consists of a satin ribbon with a silk border. Bottom image shows Harrison getting hard cider out of a barrel for two wounded veterans. Item bears the maker's mark of Baltimore engraving and printing firm Notherman & Mettee, and notes that the image was drawn and engraved by G. Notherman, Jr.
- Cite As:
- Susan H. Douglas Political Americana Collection, #2214. Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library.
- Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library
- Archival Collection:
- Susan H. Douglas Political Americana Collection
- This digital collection and its contents are owned and operated by the Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library. Digital reproductions are provided for private study, scholarship and research use only and may not be downloaded for use in electronic or print publications (including web sites), exhibitions, or broadcasts, without permission. There are no known U.S. copyright restrictions on this image. The digital file is owned by the Cornell University Library which is making it freely available with the request that, when possible, the Library be credited as its source.