Lincoln-Andrew Johnson Campaign Items
- Lincoln-Andrew Johnson Campaign Items
- Political Americana
- Key, W.H.
- Political Figure:
- Washington, George, American (1732-1799), President
Lincoln, Abraham, American (1809-1865), Presidential Candidate
Johnson, Andrew, American, Vice-Presidential Candidate
- ca. 1864
- Election Date:
- ID Number:
- Collection Number:
- File Name:
- Political Party:
- Work Type:
- costume by form
metalwork (visual works)
textiles (visual works)
- Copper alloy
Plating (metal coating)
- Pendants (Jewelry)
Johnson, Andrew (1808-1875)
American Civil War
Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865
- 13.335 x 15.875 (Mount) (centimeters)
- Most of these items appear to date to the 1864 Presidential campaign. Note particularly the (1) LINCOLN/ AND / LIBERTY pendant with an image of an axe and GOOD FOR / ANOTHER HEAT on the reverse
and (2) the ABR'M LINCOLN / A FOE TO / TRAITORS portrait pendant with the inscription MAY THE / UNION / FLOURISH // NO COMPROMISE WITH ARMED REBELS on the reverse. The LINCOLN & JOHNSON / UNION CANDIDATES / 1864 portrait medal contains the maker's mark W.H. KEY F..
- Cite As:
- Susan H. Douglas Political Americana Collection, #2214. Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library.
- Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library
- Archival Collection:
- Susan H. Douglas Political Americana Collection
- This digital collection and its contents are owned and operated by the Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library. Digital reproductions are provided for private study, scholarship and research use only and may not be downloaded for use in electronic or print publications (including web sites), exhibitions, or broadcasts, without permission. There are no known U.S. copyright restrictions on this image. The digital file is owned by the Cornell University Library which is making it freely available with the request that, when possible, the Library be credited as its source.