Frémont-Cochrane Campaign Items, ca. 1864
- Frémont-Cochrane Campaign Items, ca. 1864
- Political Americana
- Ferrotype Manufacturer:
- Abbott & Co.
- Political Figure:
- Cochrane, John, American (1813-1898), Vice-Presidential Candidate
FrÅ½mont, John Charles, American (1813-1890), Presidential Candidate
- ca. 1864
- Election Date:
- ID Number:
- Collection Number:
- File Name:
- Political Party:
- Radical Republican
- Work Type:
- costume by form
metalwork (visual works)
- Copper alloy
Plating (metal coating)
- Pendants (Jewelry)
Frémont, John Charles
Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865
- 13.335 x 10.795 (Mount) (centimeters)
- Frémont and Cochrane formed the Radical Republican ticket as an alternative to Abraham Lincoln in 1864. Frémont withdrew from the Presidential race in September 1864. The ferrotype portrait pendant and the plated portrait medal are both dated 1864. Ferrotype with copper alloy frame manufactured by Abbott & Co. of New York, New York
this item may date to another election (possibly 1856).
- Cite As:
- Susan H. Douglas Political Americana Collection, #2214. Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library.
- Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library
- Archival Collection:
- Susan H. Douglas Political Americana Collection
- This digital collection and its contents are owned and operated by the Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library. Digital reproductions are provided for private study, scholarship and research use only and may not be downloaded for use in electronic or print publications (including web sites), exhibitions, or broadcasts, without permission. There are no known U.S. copyright restrictions on this image. The digital file is owned by the Cornell University Library which is making it freely available with the request that, when possible, the Library be credited as its source.