McKinley Items, ca. 1892-1901
- McKinley Items, ca. 1892-1901
- Political Americana
- A. Fischer Mfg. Co.
- Political Figure:
- McKinley, William, American (1843-1901), Presidential Candidate
Bryan, William Jennings, American (1860-1925), Presidential Candidate
Sewall, Arthur, American (1835-1900), Vice-Presidential Candidate
Hobart, Garret A., American (1844-1899), Vice-Presidential Candidate
- ca. 1892-1901
- Election Date:
- ID Number:
- Collection Number:
- File Name:
- Political Party:
- Work Type:
- metalwork (visual works)
costume by form
- Pendants (Jewelry)
Hobart, Garret A.
Bryan, William Jennings
Washington, District of Columbia
Capitol, Washington, District of Columbia
- 20.32 x 30.48 (Mount) (centimeters)
- Mount contains William McKinley-related items dating from his 1892 run for Governor of Ohio to 1901. Assemblage includes a ribbon related to McKinley's March 4, 1897, inauguration and a small token commemorating the October 9, 1899, laying of the cornerstone for a new post office in Chicago, Illinois. Note particularly the pendant that can be rotated so as to display either a pro-McKinley or an anti-William Jennings Bryan message. The Sound Money / Democratic Congressional Convention ribbon has been cataloged separately as 2214.RB0194.
- Cite As:
- Susan H. Douglas Political Americana Collection, #2214. Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library.
- Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library
- Archival Collection:
- Susan H. Douglas Political Americana Collection
- This digital collection and its contents are owned and operated by the Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library. Digital reproductions are provided for private study, scholarship and research use only and may not be downloaded for use in electronic or print publications (including web sites), exhibitions, or broadcasts, without permission. There are no known U.S. copyright restrictions on this image. The digital file is owned by the Cornell University Library which is making it freely available with the request that, when possible, the Library be credited as its source.