Householder in front of dwelling
- Householder in front of dwelling
- Depicting the Sri Lankan Vernacular
- Dwelling #09
- MacDougall, Bonnie G. (Bonnie Graham), 1941-2017
- Mimure, Kandy District, Central Province, Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka
- ID Number:
- File Name:
- Work Type:
- Householder in front of dwelling of dressed stone and corrugated metal roof along main north-south village path. 1965 era wattle and daub Dwelling #9 later renovated with modern materials; by 2012 conspicuously deteriorated. Rubble walls (which received a historic preservation protection status as of 1996) have been pushed aside to make way for a driveway and a widening of the main road throughout its length to accommodate small motorized vehicles. Note three wheeler in the interior.
- Bonnie G. MacDougall (original photographs)
- The images in the Sri Lankan Vernacular are protected by copyright, and the copyright holder is the Estate of their creator/photographer, Bonnie MacDougall. Images in the Sri Lankan Vernacular collection were created between roughly 1960-2012, and were digitized by Cornell University Library from a variety of negatives, positives, and slides retained by the Estate of the photographer. Cornell is providing access to the materials for research and personal use. The written permission of any copyright and other rights holders is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use that extends beyond what is authorized by fair use and other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.