Householder grinding grain into flour
- Householder grinding grain into flour
- Depicting the Sri Lankan Vernacular
- Dwelling #19
- MacDougall, Robert D. (Robert Duncan), 1940-1987
- Mimure, Kandy District, Central Province, Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka
- ID Number:
- File Name:
- Work Type:
- Grinding grain in Dwelling #19. A grain bin on stilts appears on the far left, and a pepper grinding stone (saddle quern) on the far right. The householder is using a kurakkan gala (rotary quern) to grind flour.
- The images in the Sri Lankan Vernacular are protected by copyright, and the copyright holder is the Estate of their creator/photographer, Bonnie MacDougall. Images in the Sri Lankan Vernacular collection were created between roughly 1960-2012, and were digitized by Cornell University Library from a variety of negatives, positives, and slides retained by the Estate of the photographer. Cornell is providing access to the materials for research and personal use. The written permission of any copyright and other rights holders is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use that extends beyond what is authorized by fair use and other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.