Loading Platform, Hygrade Meat Plant
- Loading Platform, Hygrade Meat Plant
- U.S. President's Railroad Commission Photographs
- Chicago River and Indiana Railroad: Chicago Industries and Union Stock Yards
- Anderson, Donald H.
- Chicago, IL
- United States
- Exhibit Number:
- Railroad Reporting Mark:
- Union Stock Yards
- Work Type:
- b&w photograph
- Chicago River and Indiana Railroad Company
Hygrade Packing Plant
- Measurement Units:
- Original Dimensions:
- Shows the loading platform of the Hygrade Plant. A switch is being made by men working on the fireman's side. Signals cannot be passed on the engineer's side because of the inventory hanging on the platform. Observe how important it is to keep a very close watch at this point because of the Hygrade personnel working right next to the tracks.
- Cite As:
- U.S. President's Railroad Commission Photographs #5003 P. Kheel Center for Labor-Management Documentation and Archives, Cornell University Library
- Kheel Center for Labor-Management Documentation and Archives, Martin P. Catherwood Library, Cornell University
- Archival Collection:
- U.S. President's Railroad Commission Photographs (#5003 P)
- The content in the "U.S. President's Railroad Commission Photographs Collection" (Kheel Center collection: #5003 P) is believed to be in the public domain, and is presented by Cornell University Library under the Guidelines for Using Text, Images, Audio, and Video from Cornell University Library Collections [https://www.library.cornell.edu/about/inside/policies/public-domain]. These images have been digitized from items in the Kheel Center for Labor-Management Documentation & Archives at Cornell University Library. More information about the physical collection can be found here: http://rmc.library.cornell.edu/EAD/htmldocs/KCL05003p.html. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.