- Manhattan Brewery
- U.S. President's Railroad Commission Photographs
- Chicago River and Indiana Railroad: Chicago Industries and Union Stock Yards
- Anderson, Donald H.
- Chicago, IL
- United States
- Exhibit Number:
- Railroad Reporting Mark:
- Union Stock Yards
- Work Type:
- b&w photograph
- Manhattan Brewery
Chicago River and Indiana Railroad Company
- Measurement Units:
- Original Dimensions:
- CRI Unit #9811. An engine is pulling cars out of the Manhattan Brewery. The fireman is watching out for trucks and automobiles which use the private crossing shown in the picture. The fireman is also looking out for the position of the switch at the top of the hill. Frequently employees walk across these tracks. The engineer is unable to see them due to the curvature of the tracks.
- Cite As:
- U.S. President's Railroad Commission Photographs #5003 P. Kheel Center for Labor-Management Documentation and Archives, Cornell University Library
- Kheel Center for Labor-Management Documentation and Archives, Martin P. Catherwood Library, Cornell University
- Archival Collection:
- U.S. President's Railroad Commission Photographs (#5003 P)
- The content in the "U.S. President's Railroad Commission Photographs Collection" (Kheel Center collection: #5003 P) is believed to be in the public domain, and is presented by Cornell University Library under the Guidelines for Using Text, Images, Audio, and Video from Cornell University Library Collections [https://www.library.cornell.edu/about/inside/policies/public-domain]. These images have been digitized from items in the Kheel Center for Labor-Management Documentation & Archives at Cornell University Library. More information about the physical collection can be found here: http://rmc.library.cornell.edu/EAD/htmldocs/KCL05003p.html. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.