Hygrade Meat Plant
- Hygrade Meat Plant
- U.S. President's Railroad Commission Photographs
- Chicago River and Indiana Railroad: Chicago Industries and Union Stock Yards
- Anderson, Donald H.
- Chicago, IL
- United States
- Exhibit Number:
- Railroad Reporting Mark:
- Union Stock Yards
- Work Type:
- b&w photograph
- Hygrade Packing Plant
Chicago River and Indiana Railroad Company
- Measurement Units:
- Original Dimensions:
- Shows switching movements at the Hygrade Packing Plant at 3900 South Emerald Avenue. As you can see from the picture, Emerald Avenue is a through street and traffic is very heavy. All signals are on the fireman's side. Notice in the picture how close the automobile traffic moves to the train.
- Cite As:
- U.S. President's Railroad Commission Photographs #5003 P. Kheel Center for Labor-Management Documentation and Archives, Cornell University Library
- Kheel Center for Labor-Management Documentation and Archives, Martin P. Catherwood Library, Cornell University
- Archival Collection:
- U.S. President's Railroad Commission Photographs (#5003 P)
- The content in the "U.S. President's Railroad Commission Photographs Collection" (Kheel Center collection: #5003 P) is believed to be in the public domain, and is presented by Cornell University Library under the Guidelines for Using Text, Images, Audio, and Video from Cornell University Library Collections [https://www.library.cornell.edu/about/inside/policies/public-domain]. These images have been digitized from items in the Kheel Center for Labor-Management Documentation & Archives at Cornell University Library. More information about the physical collection can be found here: http://rmc.library.cornell.edu/EAD/htmldocs/KCL05003p.html. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.