Jewish History in the Ninteenth Century (Plan)
- Jewish History in the Ninteenth Century (Plan)
- Title (Yiddish):
- יידישע געשיכטע אין 19טן י"ה (פלאן)
- Romanized Title (Yiddish):
- Yidishe geshikhte in naytsentn yorhundert (plan)
- International Workers’ Order (IWO) and Jewish People's Fraternal Order (JPFO)
- Popular Front Years
- Mahler, Raphael, 1899-1977
- Creator (Yiddish):
- מאהלער, ר
- New York, New York, United States
- Address (Creator):
- 1 Union Square West, New York, New York
- IKOR/ICOR Organization for Jewish Colonization in the Soviet Union
- Jewish History in 19th Cent.
- Work Type:
- manuscripts (document genre)
political ideologies and attitudes
political ideologies and attitudes
- Pedagogy- Worker's University
- In Yiddish, 4 pages. Headings: 1. The battle for emancipation of Jews in Western Europe; 2. Jews in Eastern Europe in the 19th century (up to 1880); 3. Cultural streams among Jews in the 19th century -- Hasidism; 4. Cultural streams among Jews in the 19th century -- Haskole (Haskalah) [enlightenment], reform movement; 5. The era of imperialism and modern anti-Semitism (1880 - 1900).
- Organization and address inferred since he published for Naylebn in New York City at this time. IKUF is another possibility.
- The Jewish People’s Fraternal Order was the largest ‘national’ section of the International Workers Order (IWO) which focused on cultural awareness and celebration, mutual support especially in health insurance coverage, and anti-fascist activities. The IWO also gave particular emphasis to supporting the rights and interests of African Americans. Documents include language and representations which comprise the historical record and should not be interpreted to mean that Cornell University or its staff endorse or approve of negative representations or stereotypes presented.
- Cite As:
- International Workers Order (IWO) Records #5276. Kheel Center for Labor-Management Documentation and Archives, Cornell University Library.
- Kheel Center for Labor-Management Documentation and Archives, Martin P. Catherwood Library, Cornell University
- Archival Collection:
- International Workers Order (IWO) Records, 1915-2002 (KCL05276)
- The copyright status and copyright owners of most of the images in the International Workers Order (IWO) Records Collection (Kheel Center #5276) are unknown. This material was digitized from physical holdings by Cornell University Library in 2016, with funding from an Arts and Sciences Grant to Jonathan Boyarin. Documents include language and representations which comprise the historical record and should not be interpreted to mean that Cornell University or its staff endorse or approve of negative representations or stereotypes presented. Cornell is providing access to the materials as a digital aggregate under an assertion of fair use for non-commercial educational use. The written permission of any copyright and other rights holders is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use that extends beyond what is authorized by fair use and other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Cornell would like to learn more about items in the collection and to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information as to rights holders. Please contact the Kheel Center at email@example.com