Silver Coin (Mint: Tauromenium)
- Silver Coin (Mint: Tauromenium)
- Cornell Coin Collection
- 275-210 BCE
- Sicily, Italy
- Sicily, Italy
- ID Number:
- Negative Number:
- File Name:
- 3 Litra
- Laureate head of Apollo right
behind, star of eight rays
border of dots.
- TAYPOME NITAN : Tripod-lebes with neck and three handles, palm border
in field left, API.
- Work Type:
- coins (money)
- silver (metal)
- Coins, Ancient
- 16.7 mm (millimeters, diameter)
2.50 g (grams, weight)
- Weight is light.
Items in the Cornell Coins Collection are meant for inventory and reference purposes
metadata may not be complete in all cases.
- BMC - Sicily, Vol.2, p.230, #11.
- Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library
- Collecting Program:
- Cornell Collections of Antiquities
- The content in the Cornell Collection of Antiquities: Coins Collection (in part Greek and Roman Coin Collection, #8464, Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections) is believed to be in the public domain by virtue of the age of the underlying coins, and is presented by Cornell University Library under the Guidelines for Using Text, Images, Audio, and Video from Cornell University Library Collections [http://hdl.handle.net/1813.001/CULCopyright]. This collection was digitized by Cornell University Library in 2011 from original materials, with funding from a Digital Collections in Arts and Sciences Grant to Annetta Alexandridis and Verity Platt. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Please contact email@example.com for more information about this collection, or to request permission to use these images.