Top of Large Outdoor Firepit (Feature 5) at the Townley-Read Site Before Excavation
- Title (English):
- Top of Large Outdoor Firepit (Feature 5) at the Townley-Read Site Before Excavation
- Onöndowa'ga:' (Seneca) Haudenosaunee Archaeological Materials, circa 1688-1754
- Kurt A. Jordan
- Townley-Read Large Outdoor Firepit
Townley-Read Feature 5
- File Name:
- Work Type:
- maps, diagrams, excavation photos
- color slide
- This picture shows the full extent of the top of the large outdoor firepit (Feature 5) after overlying plow-mixed soil had been removed but before excavation of the feature commenced. A circle of whitish-colored ash is visible in the center.
Kurt Jordan, Archaeologist
- Images in this digital collection were released earlier than planned to facilitate access during the 2020 period of social distancing. For a full discussion, see https://digital.library.cornell.edu/collections/seneca
- Previously unpublished
- This item is protected by copyright, and the copyright holder is their photographer. Cornell is providing access to the materials for research and personal use. The written permission of any copyright and other rights holders is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use that extends beyond what is authorized by fair use and other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. For questions, comments, or feedback about this collection please contact Kurt Jordan in the Cornell Institute of Archaeology and Material Studies with any questions or information about these materials.