Stingray barb spear
- Stingray barb spear
- Selections from the Cornell Anthropology Collections
- Lauriston Sharp
- ID Number:
- Old Catalog Number:
- File Name:
- Yir Yoront
- 86 (centimeters, length)
- Stingray barbs are mounted on a wooden shaft using fiber and resin, the wooden shaft is attached with fiber and resin to a hollow bamboo shaft.
- Penny D. Aldrich "Yir Yoront: The Australian Collection"
- Archival Collection:
- Yir Yoront ethnographic collection
- The images in the Collection 'Selections from the Cornell Anthropology Collections' are protected by copyright, and the copyright holders are Cornell University Library and the Department of Anthropology. Physical artifacts from the Cornell Anthropology Collections were photographed by Cornell University Library in 2012-13 for inclusion in this image collection. Cornell is providing access to the materials for research and personal use. The written permission of any copyright and other rights holders is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use that extends beyond what is authorized by fair use and other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Cornell would like to learn more about items in this collection and to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information. This collection is funded by an Arts and Sciences Grant to Frederic W. Gleach, Curator of the Anthropology Collections. Please contact him for more information about this collection, or to request permission to use these images.