Air Defense and Self Protection
- Alternate Title:
- Luftschutz durch Selbstschutz. Air Defense by Self Protection: Protection for Everyone During Air Raids
- Air Defense and Self Protection
- Persuasive Maps: PJ Mode Collection
- Noll, Hugo
- Other Creators:
- H. Leithäusl
Österr. Air and Gas Protection Association
- Posted Date:
- ID Number:
- Collection Number:
- File Name:
- 1920 - 1939
- Between the Wars
- 16 x 11 on sheet 17 x 12 (centimeters, height x width)
- One of a series of maps intended to show Germany's vulnerability to air attack -- and therefore to argue for relaxation of the restrictions on rearmament imposed by the Treaty of Versailles. For background, see Notes to ID #1243.04 (Gauss). This one was published in Vienna and shows a map of Austria, not Germany, but the graphic message is clear.
The collection includes a number of maps in the art deco style of the time. For others, Search > "deco".
For further information on the Collector’s Notes and a Feedback/Contact Link, see https://persuasivemaps.library.cornell.edu/content/about-collection-personal-statement and https://persuasivemaps.library.cornell.edu/content/feedback-and-contact
- Noll, Hugo & H Leithausl. 1934. Luftschutz durch Selbstschutz Schutz f. jedermann bei Fliegerangriffen [Air Defense by Self Protection: Protection for Everyone During Air Raids]. Vienna: Lenobel.
- Cite As:
- P.J. Mode collection of persuasive cartography, #8548. Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library.
- Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library
- Archival Collection:
- P.J. Mode collection of persuasive cartography
- For important information about copyright and use, see http://persuasivemaps.library.cornell.edu/copyright.