Rearmament - Who Needs Security
- Alternate Title:
- Aufrüstung - Wer braucht Sicherheit [Rearmament - Who Needs Security] Aufrüstung [Rearmament] Die Fliegergefahr [The Air Raid Peril]
- Rearmament - Who Needs Security
- Persuasive Maps: PJ Mode Collection
- Leers, Johann von, 1902-1965
- Posted Date:
- ID Number:
- Collection Number:
- File Name:
- 1920 - 1939
- Between the Wars
- 23 x 15 (centimeters, height x width)
- Two maps intended to show Germany's vulnerability to military attack and therefore to argue for relaxation of the restrictions on rearmament imposed by the Treaty of Versailles ("Who Needs Security"). For background on similar maps of the same period, see Notes to ID #1243.04 (Gauss). The top map shows the overall levels of forces arrayed against Germany. The lower one, "The Air Raid Peril", shows the ranges of aircraft from Poland, Czechoslovakia, France and Belgium overlaid on a map showing the centers of major industry in Germany.
For further information on the Collector’s Notes and a Feedback/Contact Link, see https://persuasivemaps.library.cornell.edu/content/about-collection-personal-statement and https://persuasivemaps.library.cornell.edu/content/feedback-and-contact
- von Leers, Johann & Konrad Frenzel. 1934. Atlas zur deutschen Geschichte der Jahre 1914 bis 1933. Leipzig: Velhagen & Klasing. 40.
- Cite As:
- P.J. Mode collection of persuasive cartography, #8548. Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library.
- Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library
- Archival Collection:
- P.J. Mode collection of persuasive cartography
- For important information about copyright and use, see http://persuasivemaps.library.cornell.edu/copyright.