German Volks-und Kulterboden
- German Volks-und Kulterboden
- Full Title:
- Das Auslandsdeutschtum (The Overseas Germans) Deutscher Volks- und Kulturboden (German Ethnic and Cultural Lands)
- Persuasive Maps: PJ Mode Collection
- Putzger, F. W. (Friedrich Wilhelm), 1849-1913
- Date posted:
- ID Number:
- Between the Wars
- 22 x 15
- Collector's Notes:
- The bottom map reflects the notions of German "Volks- und Kulterboden" and is attributed to Penck. See Notes for ID #1216 (Penck).
The top map extends the notions to a world map of "Overseas Germans." Each black dot represents a "large German colony." A map of this sort is susceptible to distortion by use of inordinately large black dots and selection of a relatively small number for the (unstated) definition of a "large" colony.
The Putzger atlas dates originally to 1877. It "is considered 'the' historical school atlas of Germany and Austria and boasts one of the highest print runs in the world." (Herb 1997, 97).
- For further information on the Collector’s Notes and a Feedback/Contact Link, see https://persuasivemaps.library.cornell.edu/content/about-collection-personal-statement and https://persuasivemaps.library.cornell.edu/content/feedback-and-contact
- Putzger, F. W., In Pehle, M., In Silberborth, H., & In Iskraut, M. (1936). F.W. Putzgers historischer Schul-atlas. Bielefeld: Velhagen & Klasing. p. 140
- For full details on references, see http://persuasivemaps.library.cornell.edu/content/references.
- Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library
- Archival Collection:
- P.J. Mode collection of persuasive cartography
- For important information about copyright and use, see http://persuasivemaps.library.cornell.edu/copyright.