- Brihadisvara Temple
- Beyond the Taj: Architectural Traditions and Landscape Experience in South Asia
- MacDougall, Robert D. (Robert Duncan), 1940-1987
- ca. 1600-1700
- Thanjavur (Tamil Nadu, India)
- ID Number:
- Call Number:
- B-Q5 Than 3.4 Brh/Sub 5-4
- File Name:
- Chola Dynasty
- Work Type:
Sculpture (Visual Works)
- Image View Description:
- Ext.: from West (L-R)
mandapa, stairs, mandapa, vimana with water spout and tank
- Dedicated to Subrahmanya. Built within the Brihadisvara Temple complex. Dates: 17th C. Built by the Nayak rulers.
- Image and original data maintained by the Cornell University Library. This digital collection is a result of a long-term collaboration between Professor Bonnie G. MacDougall, Department of Architecture and Margaret N. Webster, Director of the George W. & Adelaide Knight Visual Resources Facility in the College of Architecture, Art and Planning.
- MacDougall, R. D.
Somasundaram Pillai, J. M.
The Great Temple at Tanjore
Tanjore: Tanjore Palace Devasthanams
Kroch Library Asia
NA6008.T3 S71 1958
- Bonnie G. MacDougall (original photographs)
- The images in the collection are protected by copyright, and the copyright holder is the Estate of their creator/photographer, Robert “Scotty” MacDougall. Images in the collection were created between roughly 1960-1987, and were digitized by Cornell University Library from a variety of negatives, positives, and slides retained by the Estate of the photographer. Cornell is providing access to the materials for research and personal use. The written permission of any copyright and other rights holders is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use that extends beyond what is authorized by fair use and other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.