- Alternate Title:
- Badarinath town
- Beyond the Taj: Architectural Traditions and Landscape Experience in South Asia
- MacDougall, Robert D. (Robert Duncan), 1940-1987
- Badarinath (Uttaranchal, India)
- Work Type:
- temples by form
- Temple marks northern seat of Shankaracharya order (est. 9th C.) Major Hindu Pilgrimage site. Altitude 3122 m. Site and temple established by Shankaracharya, 9th C. Temple built by Maharaja of Tehri, 15th C.|restored by Ahilyabai of Indore in 18th C.
- MacDougall, R. D.
- Bonnie G. MacDougall (original photographs)
- The images in the collection are protected by copyright, and the copyright holder is the Estate of their creator/photographer, Robert “Scotty” MacDougall. Images in the collection were created between roughly 1960-1987, and were digitized by Cornell University Library from a variety of negatives, positives, and slides retained by the Estate of the photographer. Cornell is providing access to the materials for research and personal use. The written permission of any copyright and other rights holders is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use that extends beyond what is authorized by fair use and other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.