Birds, Plate XXXIII. Fig. 1. Polioptila plumbea, Baird. Fig. 2. Psaltriparus plumbeus, Baird. Fig. 3. Sitta aculeata, Cassin. Fig. 4. Sitta carolinensis.
- Birds, Plate XXXIII. Fig. 1. Polioptila plumbea, Baird. Fig. 2. Psaltriparus plumbeus, Baird. Fig. 3. Sitta aculeata, Cassin. Fig. 4. Sitta carolinensis.
- Hill Ornithology Collection
- United States
- ID Number:
- File Name:
- Work Type:
- prints (visual works)
- Tropical Gnatcatcher
Western Rock Nuthatch
- Baird, Spencer Fullerton. Reports of explorations and surveys, to ascertain the most practicable and economical route for a railroad from the Mississippi River to the Pacific Ocean, vol. X: made under the direction of the Secretary of War in 1853-6 . Washington, D.C. : B. Tucker , 1859
- Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library
- The majority of images in "Beautiful Birds: Masterpieces from the Hill Ornithology Collection" are believed to be in the public domain in the United States by virtue of their creation date (pre-1923). This collection was digitized by Cornell University Library in collaboration with the Cornell Lab of Ornithology in 1999 from books and prints held in their collections, curated by Jeanne A. White. Funding was provided through an endowment established by Kenneth E. and Dorothy V. Hill. Cornell is providing access to the materials as a digital aggregate under an assertion of fair use for non-commercial educational use. The written permission of any copyright and other rights holders is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use that extends beyond what is authorized by fair use and other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Please contact email@example.com with any comments or questions about this collection.