View of the Mall, District of Columbia, from the Washington Monument
- View of the Mall, District of Columbia, from the Washington Monument
- Andrew Dickson White Architectural Photographs Collection
- ca. 1942 (photograph)
- District of Columbia, United States
- United States
- gelatin silver prints
- aerial views
Washington, District of Columbia
Capitol, Washington, District of Columbia
public buildings by function
Capitol Hill, Washington, District of Columbia
Library of Congress, Washington, District of Columbia
townscapes (built environment)
The Mall, Washington, District of Columbia
government office buildings
- Image: 7 1/2 x 9 3/8 in.
19.05 x 23.8125 cm
- This is a view taken from the Washington Monument, looking east along the Mall towards the Capitol. The Museum of Natural History and National Gallery of Art (West Building) are visible along the north side of the Mall, while the Smithsonian Castle and Arts and Industries Building ar e visible along the south side. The Jefferson Building of the Library of Congress is just visible beyond the Capitol Building.
- Data from: A.D. White Architectural Photographs, Cornell University Library
- Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library
- Archival Collection:
- Andrew Dickson White architectural photograph collection
- The images in this collection are in the public domain and are believed to have no known U.S. copyright or other restrictions. The Library does not charge for permission to use these materials and does not grant or deny permission to publish or otherwise distribute them. However, as a good scholarly practice we recommend that all patrons cite the Library as the source of the reproduction. For a more detailed explanation please read the Library Guidelines for Using Public Domain Text, Images, Audio, and Video Reproduced from Cornell University Library Collections at http://hdl.handle.net/1813.001/CULCopyright.