Detail, Glessner House
About the collection
The Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library, is home to the Andrew Dickson White Architectural Photographs Collection of approximately 13,000 nineteenth- and early twentieth-century photographs of architecture, decorative arts and sculpture. White (1832-1918), the first president of Cornell University, established the collection by donating several thousand images from his personal architectural library. The Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, in collaboration with the Department of Preservation and Conservation and the Cornell Institute for Digital Collections, undertook a project to preserve, house, catalogue and digitize the entire collection.