James Monroe H.S., Apr. 11, 1980
- James Monroe H.S., Apr. 11, 1980
- Hip Hop Party and Event Flyers
- Afrika Bambaataa (Hip Hop DJ from the South Bronx. Instrumental in the early development of hip hop.)
DJ Jazzy Jay
DJ Red Alert
Soul Sonic Force
Mr. Biggs (Hip Hop emcee. Member of the Soulsonic Force.)
Lisa Lee (Hip Hop emcee. Member of the Cosmic Force, as well as Us Girls.)
Grandwizzard Theodore (Hip Hop DJ, invented scratching)
Whipper Whip (Early Hip Hop MC. Member of The Fantastic Five. One of the first two Puerto Rican MC's.)
Fantastic 5 MCs
- Graphic Designer:
- Eddie Ed (Hip Hop flyer designer, brother of Buddy Esquire)
- Nubian Productions
Studio One Productions
- 1300 Boynton Ave.
Bronx, New York, New York, United States
- United States
- James Monroe H.S.
- ID Number:
- Collection Number:
- File Name:
- Disco Tribute to Parliament Funkadelic
- Donation $3 b/4 12
- Work Type:
- fliers (printed matter)
- dry-transfer letters
markers (drawing instruments)
- Hip-hop--United States
Popular culture--United States
- Drawing of a man holding a gun with cape, mask and hat
- Believe... and funk is its own reward...!!
- Cite As:
- Breakbeat Lenny Archive, #8052. Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library.
- Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library
- Collecting Program:
- Cornell University Hip Hop Collection
- Archival Collection:
- Breakbeat Lenny Archive
- The images on our web site are made available for non-profit, educational use. Higher resolution versions of the images may be requested by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Although Cornell University Library is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (17 U.S.C.) on the flyers and other materials made available on this site (unless otherwise indicated) permission and possible fees may be required from the owners of any copyright independently of the Library. It is the researcher's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other use restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in this collection. Researchers must make their own assessments of rights in light of their intended use.
If you have any more information about an item you've seen on our website or if you are the author or copyright owner and believe our website has not properly attributed your work to you or has used it without permission, we want to hear from you. Please contact email@example.com with your contact information and a link to the relevant content.