Olympia, Metope (East 10)
- Olympia, Metope (East 10)
- Cornell Cast Collection
- ca. 475-456 BCE
- ID Number:
- Accession Number:
1936 black marker in the back
- File Name:
- Original Measurements:
- H. 160 cm
- Classical Greek
- Work Type:
- casts (sculpture)
- Atlas brings Herakles the apples of the Hesperides
- 160 x 67 x 12 (centimeters, height x width x diameter)
- Items in the Cornell Cast Collection are meant for inventory and reference purposes. Metadata may not be complete in all cases.
- Barringer, J., 'The temple of Zeus at Olympia: heroes and athletes', Hesperia 74 (2005): 211–41.
- Olympia, Archaeological Museum (original)
- Collecting Program:
- Cornell Collections of Antiquities
- The images in the Cornell Collection of Antiquities: Casts are protected by copyright, and the copyright holders are their creators, generally Cornell University Library, Annetta Alexandridis, and Verity Platt. This collection of plaster casts owned by Cornell University was photographed by Cornell University Library, Alexandridis, Platt, and Andreya L. Mihaloew from 2010-2015, with funding from a Digital Collections in Arts and Sciences Grant to Annetta Alexandridis. Cornell is providing access to the materials for research and personal use. The written permission of any copyright and other rights holders is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use that extends beyond what is authorized by fair use and other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Please contact Annetta Alexandridis and Verity Platt for more information about this collection, or to request permission to use these images.